Each 500mg vegetable capsule contains 425mg of propolis.
Propolis is known as nature's antibiotic, with powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties providing powerful support to the immune system.
Propolis is a natural substance made by bees to sterilise and protect the hive against infection.
Resins collected by honeybees from the bark and sticky buds of plants are mixed with beeswax and enzymes, producing a powerful substance rich in bioactive compounds with potent protective effects.
Manuka Honey's propolis has particularly high levels of these important bioactive components and our capsules provide a convenient way to take advantage of the health benefits that propolis can offer.
Aristotle reputedly coined the name Propolis meaning "defender of the city". This is exactly what Propolis is for the hive, it acts as a bee population's external immune system keeping the hive sterile and free of microbial invaders.
Propolis quality varies hugely according to its location. New Zealand propolis is well renowned for its natural purity and high levels of antioxidants. Our propolis capsules contain at least 38 valuable bioflavonoids, phenolic acids and esters including Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester.
- Helps with immune and respiratory health (viral, bacterial or fungal infections)
- Assists digestive health (stomach ulcers, gastritis, etc)
- Produced in New Zealand according to the highest Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards
Alternatively, for use as a mouthwash, use Propolis Extract.
Take one or two capsules daily
If sensitivity to be products is a predisposed condition, seek medical advice before use.
As for all honey and honey products, it should not be given to children under 18 months of age.
I don't like the taste of honey. Can I buy Manuka Honey in capsule form?
Most people love the taste of honey but, for those who don't, we have Manuka Honey Capsules. Our capsules contain powdered UMF 16+ honey which is produced from exactly the same honey as we sell in jars so you can get all the benefits of Pure Manuka Honey without the taste. Each 500g capsule contains 200mg of superior grade freeze-dried Manuka Honey, equivalent to 400mg of liquid honey.
What is the difference between ‘Active’ and ‘UMF’ Manuka Honey?
Not all Manuka Honey has UMF® (non peroxide) activity and this is differentiated by using the terms ‘UMF® Manuka’ and ‘Active Manuka’ honey. UMF® (Unique Manuka Factor) Manuka Honey contains hydrogen peroxide plus its own natural antibacterial properties. This unique, additional activity gives it the special antibacterial healing potency. The minimum qualification for using the name UMF® and to be suitable for therapeutic use is a UMF® 10 rating.
What does the UMF® rating mean?
UMF® is an abbreviation which stands for Unique Manuka Factor.
- UMF® is a phytochemically derived antibacterial property (i.e. it is derived from the nectar of the flower) found in some types of Manuka Honey.
- Only honey collected from certain Leptospermum plants contain the special UMF® property.
- The UMF® activity exists in addition to the hydrogen peroxide antibacterial activity found in all honeys (this activity is due to an enzyme which is added to the nectar by the honeybee). These two antibacterial activities work synergistically - enhancing their effects.